Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hussein the hero

President Obama said this in his acceptance speech last night:

"In the weeks ahead, I also look forward to sitting down with Governor Romney to talk about where we can work together to move this country forward."

A little about me before I go on.

I am 23 years old, been married for over a year and am expecting a baby in 5 weeks. I am a republican, who voted for Romney. I am also a member of the LDS church. I felt that Gov. Romney had a better vision to fix out economic problems than did Obama. I voted Republican not because my parents told me to, and especially not because my religion told me (because that is not how it works), but because I feel the government should be smaller, that more power should go to states and the people, the America was founded to run. 

Ok, going on now. 

I also feel like Obama has tried his best since 2008, and has done what he thought would help. Unfortunately it hasn't helped as much as America needed. The economy is the naked guy in the middle of the room right now. There has been a slight decrease in unemployment, but, as we saw lat night, HALF of America wanted more change. They had actual hope for real change. Sounds like Obama's pitch 4 years ago, except, I felt like Romney's had substance this year. Now, nearly 50% of Americans have just had their hope dashed. But, alas, there is something else the matter.

Obama said last week in an interview with Bloomberg.com that he thinks the Republican party, who holds majority in the House, would shift toward more cooperation following the election. "No. 1, the American people will have voted. They will have cast a decisive view on how we should move the country forward, and I would hope that the Republican Party would say to itself, 'we need to listen to the American people.'"

Decisive. Decisive? What is decisive about 50/50? I will give anyone $100 who can intellectually convince me that 50/50 is decisive. I agree with what Ramesh Ponnuro, senior editor and author for the National Review, said; that there is no way this vote can be seen as decisive, and when it's over, Republicans will have control of the House, and possibly the Senate.

I agree that positive attitude is crucial in life, in any aspect of it. I have a positive outlook for the future. I plan to work hard for a great job, support my family and be successful in all I do. At the same time, we need to be honest and look at the facts. Balance, my friends, balance. Balance between optimism and reality; hope and ability for action. And this is where Romney stepped in--hope, yes, for a better future, but action to make it happen. 

Even if it's true that Romney has a big head (physically) and five sons, it doesn't change the fact that his track record shows that he knows how to make change happen. (Ask me for references and I'll give 'em to you.) Besides, he had no control over his head size.

So when President Obama wins a second term last night and says that he is anticipating a meeting with Romney to talk about how to move this country forward, even before mentioning his own cabinet, his own VP, I think there's something to be said about it. Sounds to me like he has no plan (haven't heard one from him yet). Sounds like he was surprised by Romney in the debates when he saw he could do a better job, had better ideas. He should be saying that about his VP, not Romney. Sounds like we should re-think how we respond to his view on Hope and Change. Need I mention the stock drop today?

I'm going to follow this and see if it happens. I see that Obama is attempting to merge and cooperate, but it sounds a little hypocritical when he's got a history of bullying...just watch the second debate. 

If this does happen, and if the economy starts to to turn, guess who will be the hero. Could happen. Sickening if it does. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and Romney will deny his tea party with the President. 

After-all, Romney doesn't drink tea.

  

3 comments:

  1. you are great :) love what you wrote. and I CAN'T WAIT til your little girl arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this. My husband is so awesome. I'll follow your blog if you follow mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tanner:
    I'm so glad you were able to voice this perspective. It's so liberating to know someone shares the same thoughts that are going through my mind. Congrats on the new bundle coming into your life. I know you'll be an amazing father.
    - Meagan D

    ReplyDelete